Friday, March 20, 2020

How's your Quarantine?

Hey Sixth Graders!
I don't know about you, but I am sure getting bored! I miss seeing all of you in school, and I'm looking forward to this strange situation being over so that we can get back to making music together.
In the meantime, I hope you're able to practice your instruments at home. Keep making progress forward in the method books!
If you've got access to a computer, a really great resource is SmartMusic.  Just go to https://www.smartmusic.com/
They've made this free until the end of June since so many kids are out of school, which is awesome! You can create an account and it will help you play along with the exercises in your book. It will even tell you which mistakes you made AND how to fix them. For example, if you play F natural instead of F sharp, it will light that note up in red and even give you a picture of what the fingering should look like. Isn't that cool? It's almost like having me sitting next to you in lessons, minus the hilarious jokes. :)
I'll be in touch with all of you next week, but I wanted to just encourage you to keep working hard and say that I miss you all and we'll be back together soon!
Mrs. Schenk

No comments:

Post a Comment